Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sweet Caroline: Solving one of the great mysteries of life


This post is WAY off topic.

I went to the Sox game tonight. They were awful. Someone has to convince them that beating the Yankees ISN'T enough - you have to play the rest of the teams too (for those living in caves, the Sox swept the Yankees this past weekend).

But in the middle of the 8th inning, I was contemplating one of the great mysteries of life: Why do they play "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond in the middle of the 8th? They sure didn't do that when I was growing up!

Find the answer here.

By the way Mets fans: We did it first.

Good times never seem so good!

Here it is! (Hat Tip: NY Nana)

3 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

ROTFL..the commments in the article? It is like a group of Jews; 5 of us=20 opinions!

That they swept the damn Yankees, had 4 consecutive home runs over the weekend doesn't count? :)

That Neil Diamond article? A nice Jewish boy from Brooklyn..I married one!He has never forgiven the Dodgers for leaving anymore than I have the Braves for leaving Boston.

I was never taken to a Red Sox game as a kid. My Dad zt"l always took my boy first cousins along. Actually, the only place I have seen them play is in Toronto.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

Thanks for the hat tip, Carl. A friend and I adore Neil Diamond, and she sends me a lot of his videos.

BTW: Go, Mets!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Any baseball field has a diamond.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google