Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Israeli policewoman who was at Camp Koby called to duty at demo against terrorist release

This is an amazing story by Sherri Mandell, the mother of Koby Mandell HY"D (May God Avenge his blood, pictured).
As we chanted, based on a slogan my sister recommended on Facebook that day: Release will not bring peace.
We also chanted: Murderers belong in jail. Like the ones who were set free in a previous release though they had murdered Rachel Weiss, a young mother, and her three children on a bus as well as the soldier who tried to protect them.
We chanted: We want justice. We chanted: Wake up Israel.
I held a sign that said: I’m glad that my son’s murderers have not been found. And I am. I wouldn’t be able to bear their release.
All was going well. The media came to take our photo and interviewed some of the participants. Passing motorists honked their horns in support.
And then two young women approached us, one dressed in green, a border guard, the other in dark blue, a regular policewoman.
“Who is in charge?” they asked.
To my surprise, I answered, “me.” This was the first demonstration I’d ever organized.
“Do you have a permit?” she asked. I could see her gun in the holster on her hip.
“No,” I said. My daughter Eliana, who had researched the rules of demonstrations, said: “But we’re not 50 people. You only need a permit if you’re more than fifty.”
They conferred.
Then the policewoman looked at me. She took off her sunglasses. She had long eyelashes with a thick coat of dark black mascara.
“I know you,” she said. “Aren’t you from the Koby Mandell Foundation?”
“Yes,” I said. “How do you know?”
She smiled shyly.
I asked her, “Were you a counselor at Camp Koby?”
“No,” she said. “I was…”
I waited.
“I was a camper.”
I couldn’t believe it: “Was somebody killed in your family?” I asked.
“No,” she said. “I was in a terrorist attack.”
Read the whole thing

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google