Powered by WebAds

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Israel's masochistic left

Leftist Daniel Seidemann was a victim of a 'Palestinian' rock attack in Jerusalem last Saturday. J.M. Mens wonders whether Seidemann lost his mind in the attack.
Daniel Seidemann, a leftist Israeli activist, was hit by a rock on Saturday and required stitches in his head. He wrote a ‘sentitive response’ on social media that was republished by 972MAG in a sympathetic way. Please read below and tell me if you find Daniel’s reflection on being hit by a rock as courageous, or extraordinarily delusional.
The rock that hit me yesterday was not directed at me, personally. Most likely, it was hurled because I am an Israeli – the occupier. It’s also possible that it’s because I am a Jew, irrespective of the occupation. We will never know. But the wonderful people who visited me today are living under occupation. My occupation. I deserve no special dispensation for my “good behavior.” They owe me no apologies.As long as the occupation exists, events like this will happen and no one is exempt from them. I don’t romanticize the prick that cracked my head open. But I don’t find it particularly important if he is or is not apprehended. (OK – I do fear that he might have just been practicing on me, and that more deadly violence can be expected of him in the future). But this ends not when Palestinians behave better, or when our Shin Bet becomes more efficient. It ends when occupation ends. Until then, I remain a symbol of that occupation, and not without reason. And no good deeds, as it were, will redeem me or protect me.
As a 16 year old with my whole life ahead of me, I did not want to be confrontational or controvertial with what I write on this blog. I should not make enemies. But in light of what I read, I have to ask; did the rock to the head affect Mr. Seidemann’s sanity, or if he was of such a submissive disposition before it hit his head? In any case, the dross that you just read in the last paragraph is not a fabrication. It is a genuine, sad example of leftist submission and self-dehumanisation.
The “Uncle Tomer” attitude of this submissive Israeli is openly admitted. Seidemann says “there is I deserve no special dispensation for my ‘good behavior’.” Good behaviour being a synonym for submission, and as having full acceptance of the Arab ‘pure victim’ narrative. The Arabs are the victims, even when they attack, assumes Seidemann. They would, sadly, be victims in Mr Seidemann’s eyes if the rock blinded him, deafened him, or anything to that effect. Such is the naivité of someone with this viewpoint.
His statement also has a roaring spark of disingenuity. The statement “I don’t find it particularly important if he is or is not apprehended” may present a typical peacenik “turn the other cheek” image. That is, until the hypocrisy of the statement is exposed immediately as he follows up his comment with “OK – I do fear that he might have just been practicing on me, and that more deadly violence can be expected of him in the future”. He admits the hatred and the murderous intent, and then goes on to justify it. He admits that the same hatred that propelled an arm to throw a rock at his head is the same hatred that fuels the rockets that hit Israeli towns like Sderot and Ashkelon, and then accepts it.
Read the whole thing.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Marvin said...

Daniel Seidmann has that disease known as "Liberalism" as we call it in the USA. What he fails to either understand or acknowledge is the Palis don't care whether it's our 'occupation' of the Judea & Samaria or just our being in all of Eretz Yisrael. Either way they want us out. Nothing short of a brain transplant will change Seidmann. I don't wish him harm, but any amount of physical attacks on him will not change his diseased brain one iota.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google